Sunday, March 14, 2010

Gondolas

I was starting to wonder if I had imagined the whole thing.

Way back in the very late 70's/early 80's, I went to the local council run theatre (the original Towngate Theatre if you must know) with a friend to see a double bill of "Blazing Saddles" and "Life of Brian".  Leaving the cinema, my sides hurt from laughing.  That, however, is not the main point of this post - this YouTube link is: Away From It All - it should be noted that there is some increasingly strong language used (mostly in the second part)
The quality is not so good, but if you watch both parts of this short film, you'll get the gist.  The film, a travelogue of the sort that used to be a popular 'filler' in cinema programmes, was a typical example - full of cliches and terrible punning links between scenes - until, that is, you realise who it is performing the narration; the fun really kicks off in part 2, but you HAVE to sit through part 1 to get the full sense of the joke.
My thanks to the noble souls who found and posted this on YouTube and provided me with crucial proof that I HAD seen it - the internet is a wonderful thing...

No comments: